Saturday, June 16, 2007

Okay im not great with writeups so this is going to be as short as i can make it.

Me and hollie headed out to lisses on thursday 7th june, via eurostar. With surprisingly few problems on the RER (french underground)we got to our destination...only to find we had picked the wrong station of the two to choose from. So another bus journey on and we finally ended up in the right part of evry to meet up with silex, thomas and dimmunk. Who then took us onto lisses, me and hollie were both tired from travelling, so this night did very little in the way of training. Spending a lot of time trying to climb a paticular tree (argghh!) and then some balance, but mostly just chilling.






The next day we got up late, having both slept terribly due to banging on the walls of the f1, people talking loudly on their mobiles and noises up and down the corridoor. However, the day was a good one, with missions around the lisses rocks and trees (a lot of precise footwork and squirrel jumps) ending with a conditioning session with goudot, where I found out my forearm started to fail me. After conditioning for this day (and unfortunatly hitting my knee and being bitten by mozzys) me and hollie made our way back to the hotel.



I hardly slept this night due to an allergic reaction to the mozzy bites, so the next morning with a swollen ankle and knee headed into evry to train and meet up with silex and the others. I trained lightly, a few small precisions and balance work, with a few missions, mostly technical training. Before heading to Jonathon "bruce lee's" BBQ. It was a chilled atmosphere, although being very obviously english and not understanding more than a few fragments of the language. Luckily, silex, dimmunk and guardian who we met are from quebec, and so are bilingual.

The next day, we were headed to Fontain blue. But it wasnt till early afternoon, so me and hollie headed towards lisses forest, but upon getting there felt it was too hot to train. So headed back...when we got back to lisses and met up with guardian he promptly told us it wasnt a good time to be in lisses due to gang fights and an escaped convict (i had wondered about the large numbers of armed police and the helicopter). So yeah, probably wouldnt have gone wandering in the forest if we had known this beforehand. Fontain blue was very cool, although i had to be careful on my swollen ankle, my knee had more flexibility and other than my killing forearms I felt good. The climbing was challenging, but fun. I also did a few different precisions at height on the rocks, physically small but it took mental strength to believe in myself. After going back home we headed to KFC...yes I know the shame! But to be fair there was nowhere else to go to eat.

On the final day of training, i actually slept well, and my ankle had gone down substantially, me, hollie and guardian popped into evry for a spot of retail therapy. (I also discovered i quite like sushi) then later in the day, trained in lisses, mostly little missions. However, we got caught in a rain storm whilst doing parkour specific conditioning, although we made sure we finished (drenched to the bone) then did some quadropedie and balance in the rain, then moving into the dry and lightly conditioning before heading back to the hotel and sleep.


Trip to lisses...



From this years trip to lisses, my only thought can be to condition more, and on thomas' words that i need more dymnacism in my jump. So i will be practising my one/two and three step runup aswell as footwork in all areas. I had a really good time and I thank the canadian and french traceurs (especially thomas) for their hospitality with this useless englishwoman.

2 Comments:

At 3:57 AM, Blogger tiaraletourneau said...

Nice write-up; and I disagree, you write-em-up just fine. It's cool to see people connecting across languages in this sport. I'm Canadian too, but living in South Africa. PK has made inroads into this community for me.

A training related question: how much longer do you find it takes us girls to learn a skill (due to lack of strength) than the guys? I'm battling with this...

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Flame said...

Hey Tiaral, technical learning is generally the same, but confidence in yourself usually takes longer. In terms of climbups and upper body strength, it will increase as fast as you choose it too. If you dont condition then it will take a long time, but if you invest in conditioning and bodyweight training then you can be on par with many guys within months. Try not to compare or limit yourself to others, your progression is individual. Take care xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home